Monday, March 21, 2005

Hello World

Well here I am. The first post of many.

For those of you who don't know, a "Jam Boy" is--or was--an actual title at one point in history. In the early 1920s, when the wealthy went golfing, they hired two men. A caddy, and a "Jam Boy." The Jam Boy had one job: keep the mosquitoes away from the golfer. To do this, the Jam Boy would cover himself in jelly to attract the bugs. Sounds like an amazing job.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure why I decided to name this site after this elite class of gentlemen. I guess there are just a lot of things eating away at me these days. So, naturally I'd like to share my daily thoughts and rants with you.

I'm also going to be caddying for the first time this summer at a very prestigious golf course in Northern Virginia. I use the term "caddy" loosely here, because I realize that in order to be considered a caddy, I not only have to know what the hell I'm doing out there, but I also have to have the balls to speak up and tell a player he's being an idiot. At least on occasion.

I'm sure between the day-to-day comedy of caddying and my own personal thoughts this site should not only be fun to read but also fun to bookmark. Hint hint. I hope to be updating at least every other day, if not every day, and I also plan on customizing this site so nobody has to wade through a lot of boring links and useless material. My goal is content, content, content.

Enjoy.

No comments: